You just got the call. “We’ve reviewed your resume and would love to schedule a time for you to come in and interview with us.” Congrats! You have a foot in the door. Now, it’s time to prepare for your interview. Your resume, application, and materials are all ready to go, but what about your wardrobe? That’s right – your wardrobe because first impressions are still everything!
Never fear! We’re here to help you pick out your next killer outfit and help you look spiffy for your next interview.
Gents, dressing for success is easier than you think. Stick with this one simple rule, and you can never go wrong: WWBW.
What Would Bond Wear
Get ready for your next interview by putting on a nice dress shirt, a tie (bow-tie optional), slacks, dress shoes, and a suit jacket for added flair. Ta-da! You’re officially ready to make an outstanding first impression.
Ladies, dressing for an interview can be confusing. You have tons of outfit options and employers have different expectations of what’s considered appropriate dress. So, try to keep it simple! Stick with a few classic basics, and you can’t go wrong.
- Pair a black, grey, or navy blue pants suit with kitten heels and minimal jewelry.
- Throw on a simple, a-line dress with heels or a nice pair of flats to make a subtle yet sophisticated entrance.
- Slip into a pair of black pants with a silk or cotton button-down top and blazer for a bit of modern flair. Put on a pair of booties, heels, or even flats to complete the look.
Keep in mind certain attire you should avoid too like:
- Chunky or large, flashy jewelry
- Flip-flops or sneakers
- Jeans or leggings
- T-shirts, tank tops, or camis
Remember these few rules and you’ll make a terrific first impression at your next interview.